Since 2018, Blockchain Summit UY has been held in Montevideo, Uruguay, with a great call. This year, due to the context of the pandemic, the event will be held in a hybrid format-virtual and face-to-face, and will be called “Blockchain Summit Global 2020: Technologies & Crypto”. It will take place on September 3-4. This was reported by Ignacio Varese, one of the organizers, to Cointelegraph in Spanish.
“Since 2018, we have held the Blockchain Summit event in Montevideo every September with a great call and very prominent speakers. The 3rd Edition has touched us in times of pandemic, and it has made us redouble our creativity, our passion and our enthusiasm, ”Varese explained.
Then he added: “In addition to many new features, there has been a fantastic evolution. Our event has become a mainly virtual format, also adding a face-to-face modality that will be out of series and will include an updated health protocol“
On the other hand, he remarked: “We are also showing a rebranding that is part of our evolution. Blockchain Summit UY is now BLOCKCHAIN SUMMIT GLOBAL. With great ambition and vocation, the 3rd Edition 2020 will be a global event ”.
Thus, on Thursday, September 3 and Friday, September 4, 2020, for the third year in a row, this event will be held. This time, from a TV studio (Studio 9), they will be presenting a remarkable agenda with world-class speakers who will provide conferences, workshops and panels.
“Blockchain will be the great theme and will function as a trigger, also adding the technologies that partners are generating current use cases, innovation and evolution, on a direct path to Revolution 4.0Varese stated.
During the event, topics such as DeFi, fintech, cybersecurity, stablecoins and legal support of blockchain initiatives will be discussed. “We will have the main platforms, launch of new versions, active mining projects, and a lot of action in relation to the main cryptocurrencies, their price and opportunities from the perspective of the most prominent traders.“He detailed.
According to the organizers, it will be an opportunity to listen to keynote presentations on developments, innovations, legislation, public policies, real use cases and true success cases.
Organization and conferences
“This year we have planned the realization of the event in Study 9, from where we are going to transmit in an agile and professional way to the whole world. Participants will be able to network in virtual meeting rooms, participate in AMA sessions (Ask me Anything) with the main speakers and also coordinate One-to-One interviews ”, specified Varese.
However, he clarified: “Attendance in person will be limited to the capacity of the audience of the TV Studio, and will have the participation of some local speakers as well as special guests, with a catering service included, all within the framework of the current health protocol ”.
Listed below are some Keynote Speakers that are slated to participate in the Blockchain Summit Global on September 3-4, 2020:
– Dr. Ian Gauci, from Malta, will speak about Smart Contracts,
– Heather Flannery, CEO of ConsenSys Health, along with David Koepsell, JD, PhD, General Counsel, Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer & Latin America Market of the USA, who will present the Health topic in a “fireside chat” modality.
– Taha Sajid, PMP, PMI-ACP of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia will speak about Cybersecurity
– María Salgado Iturrino, Blockchain Manager at IECISA | gfi Group of Spain, will refer to Blockchain for Business.
– Federico Ast, Ph.D. from Argentina – Entrepreneur in Blockchain & Legaltech, Professor at Coursera, will speak on legal issues.
– Amiti Uttarwar, from the USA -. First Confirmed Female Bitcoin Core Developer. Her presentation will be about Bitcoin and women in the world of technology.
– Alberto G. Toribio, Technology & Innovation Specialist from Spain, will present about DEFI
– Dale Chrystie, from the USA. Blockchain Strategist at FedEx will speak about Supply Chain.
– Elian Huesca, from Decred Latam (México) – Consultant, advocate & speaker of cryptocurrencies, blockchain and Fintech. Chevening Scholar 2016. Will speak about Governance.
– Cecilia Chapiro, from the USA. Investment Adviser & Blockchain Portfolio Manager at UNICEF | She will talk about finances.
– Lana Kalashnyk from USA – Blockchain Partner Technology Lead, PSA – Amazon Web Services (AWS). Will talk about Cloud Computing Services
– Carol García Lago of Spain. Senior Manager | IT Consulting and Innovation | Blockchain Lab – Grant Thornton Spain. It will refer to CBDC topics and Blockchain Application in Payment Systems.
– Marta Piekarska-Geater, UK – Director of Ecosystem, Hyperledger. Use cases with Hyperledger.
About Blockchain Summit 2019
On September 5, 2019, the second edition of Blockchain Summit Uruguay was held in Montevideo. The appointment was at the Uruguay Golf Club, and Cointelegraph in Spanish was present.
With two rooms prepared to offer simultaneous talks and workshops, a sector with company stands, and an ideal climate for networking, the event showed the enormous potential of blockchain technology in the region and the great interest, not only from Uruguay, but also from neighboring countries such as Argentina, Brazil and Chile. Organizers Ignacio Varese and Germán Tugores told Cointelegraph in Spanish that the call exceeded expectations.
Germán Tugores commented on that occasion: “The balance was positive, we are very happy for the call.”
On the other hand, Ignacio Varese was also very happy. “We see that everything happened exceeding expectations. An incredible experience due to the number of speakers. Many and of different headings and platforms. We also had three panels and everything went very well. We estimate that 370 people attended. ”
It may interest you: